Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 1/2/2013 (1213 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Free Press Three stars
1. Tampa Bay, Conacher 4 (Carle, Pouliot) 7:57 (pp)
2. Tampa Bay, Stamkos 5 (Purcell, Lindback) 14:11 (pp)
3. Tampa Bay, Lecavalier 4 (St. Louis, Stamkos) 16:55 (pp)
Penalties -- Hall TB (interference) 2:42, Redmond Wpg (holding) 5:59, Thorburn Wpg (check from behind major, game misconduct) 12:11, Hainsey Wpg (delay of game) 12:47, Stuart Wpg (cross-checking) 16:04, Kane Wpg (unsportsmanlike conduct) 18:25.
4. Tampa Bay, Conacher 5 (Brewer, Lecavalier) 0:26
5. Tampa Bay, Thompson 1 (Crombeen, Brewer) 4:43
6. Tampa Bay, Purcell 2 (Stamkos) 5:43
Penalties -- Ponikarovsky Wpg (slashing), Thompson TB (roughing) 6:25, Pyatt TB (hooking) 10:44.
7. Winnipeg, Enstrom 2 (Postma, Ladd) 5:34
8. Winnipeg, Postma 1 (Little, Enstrom) 6:35 (pp)
9. Tampa Bay, Malone 4 (Lecavalier, Conacher) 8:46
10. Winnipeg, Ladd 3 (Postma, Enstrom) 9:49 (pp)
11. Tampa Bay, Pouliot 2 (Pyatt, Hedman) 18:35
Penalty -- Tampa Bay bench (too many men, served by Tyrell) 6:27, Aulie TB (holding) 9:32.
Shots on goal by
Winnipeg 7 10 12--29
Tampa Bay 10 7 8--25
Goal (shots-saves) -- Winnipeg: Pavelec (L,2-4-1)(14-9), Montoya (4:43 second)(11-8); Tampa Bay: Lindback (W,5-1-0).
Power plays (goals-chances) -- Winnipeg: 2-4; Tampa Bay: 3-5.
Referees -- Mike Leggo, Tim Peel. Linesmen -- Brian Mach, Pierre Racicot.
Attendance -- 19,204 (19,204)
KID GOES IN:
Mark Scheifele took Kyle Wellwood's place in the Winnipeg lineup on Friday night, after sitting out four in a row as a healthy scratch. Scheifele played most of his time with Alex Burmistrov and Alexei Ponikarovsky, but the lineup move didn't yield much for the Jets. Scheifele may play one more game in his "free look" before the Jets will have to choose whether to keep him on the roster and start the first year of his contract.
GET THAT PUCK:
Jets defenceman Paul Postma scored his first NHL goal Friday night, making it 6-2 Tampa Bay in the third period.
The power-play marker came in his 12th NHL game and was a hard, well-placed shot under the cross-bar behind Lightning goalie Anders Lindback.
"It's kind of a different situation to get it but regardless, it's nice to get that first one, get it out of the way," Postma said. "It's definitely a special goal and one I won't forget."
The Jets fly home today and will have two home games in the coming week, Tuesday against Florida and Thursday against Toronto.