Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 4/10/2013 (1388 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Free Press 'Ö'Ö'Ö
Kings 3 at Jets 5
1. Los Angeles, Greene 1 (unassisted) 14:17.
2. Winnipeg, Kane 1 (Setoguchi, Scheifele) 15:45.
Penalties: Kane Wpg (roughing) 8:21, Brown LA (interference) 9:48, Postma Wpg (tripping) 12:08.
3. Winnipeg, Jokinen 1 (Frolik, Enstrom) 12:54.
Penalties: Byfuglien Wpg (hooking) 0:44, Kane Wpg (fighting) 3:04, Fraser LA (fighting) 3:04, King LA (hooking) 4:55, Greene LA (roughing) 13:50.
4. Winnipeg, Kane 2 (Setoguchi, Byfuglien) 2:22 (pp).
5. Winnipeg, Setoguchi 1 (Kane, Jokinen) 5:19.
6. Los Angeles, Carter 2 (Muzzin, Richards) 11:00 (pp).
7. Los Angeles, Williams 1 (Frattin, Mitchell) 15:44 (pp).
8. Winnipeg, Little 2 (Ladd) 19:12 (en).
Penalties: Greene LA (holding) 2:09, Richards LA (slashing) 5:28, Trouba Wpg (tripping) 10:55, Kane Wpg (high-sticking) 13:48, Regehr LA (tripping) 15:55.
Referees -- Greg Kimmerly, Dan O'Halloran.
Linesmen -- Ryan Galloway, Vaughan Rody.
Attendance -- 15,004.
"Ø"Ø THE HARD WAY:
There was great risk in the way the Jets trailed the speed of the game in the first. They also overcame another big obstacle - the Kings owned the faceoff circle on Friday. L.A. won the faceoff match in every period, by counts of 15-6, 12-8 and 13-9. Jim Slater was the Jets' only plus man, at 9-for- 17. It's very difficult to win in the NHL when you're not starting with the puck.
"Ø"Ø THE HARD WAY II:
In going 2-0 to start the season, the Jets have bucked the odds. For a second straight night, they lost the special-teams battle to their opponents and came out with a clean two points. The Kings, with their third-period surge on Friday, wound up two-for-five on the power play. Winnipeg went one-for-six.
"Ø"Ø UP NEXT:
Ducks at Jets
Sunday, 7 p.m., MTS Centre
TSN Jets, TSN 1290
-- Tim Campbell