Avs 4 at Jets 5 (OT)
1. Colorado, O'Reilly 26 (Duchene, McGinn) :20.
2. Winnipeg, Ladd 20 (Little, Trouba) 3:15.
3. Winnipeg, Tangradi 2 (Wheeler, Jokinen) 12:08.
4. Colorado, Landeskog 21 (Benoit, MacKinnon) 17:47.
Penalties -- Pardy Wpg (delay of game) 13:49.
5. Winnipeg, Kane 17 (Setoguchi, Postma) 12:02.
6. Colorado, Holden 8 (Barrie, Talbot) 19:29.
Penalties -- Peluso Wpg (fighting) 3:58, Bordeleau Col (fighting) 3:58, Bordeleau Col (interference) 3:58.
7. Winnipeg, Ladd 21 (Wheeler, Enstrom) 4:58 (pp).
8. Colorado, McLeod 3 (Talbot, Guenin) 10:23.
Penalties -- Benoit Col (interference) 3:46.
9. Winnipeg, Wheeler 24 (Postma, Enstrom) 1:42.
Penalties -- None.
Referees -- Brad Watson, Chris Lee. Linesmen -- Trent Knorr, Mark Shewchyk.
Attendance -- 15,004.
-- 34-4-3: Colorado's record when scoring first. They jumped ahead 1-zip just 20 seconds into the game.
-- 9-13-5: Winnipeg's record against Central Division opponents.
-- 5: Number of one-goal games between the Jets and Avs in their five-game series this season.
-- 11 for 11: The Jets killed off all 11 power-play opportunities the Avs had against them this season.
Reto Berra made his first start for the Avs Wednesday after being acquired from Calgary two weeks ago. Berra did start two games against the Jets while with the Flames, winning 5-4 in a shootout in November and giving up five goals on 23 shots in a 5-2 Winnipeg win in January, the second game under Paul Maurice.
Winnipeg's list of scratches for Wednesday's game was a long one: Jim Slater, who became a father earlier in the day, was joined by Chris Thorburn, Dustin Byfuglien, Zach Bogosian, Mark Scheifele, John Albert and Ondrej Pavelec.
Paul Maurice said Byfuglien should be good to go on Saturday against Carolina while Bogosian took the pre-game skate but was scratched.
The Jets play host to the Carolina Hurricanes on Saturday, 6 p.m. (CBC/TSN 1290) before heading out on a five-game road trip with stops in Dallas, San Jose, L.A., Anaheim and Phoenix.