Free Press 'Ö'Ö'Ö
1. Winnipeg, Wright 2 (Thorburn) 9:10
Penalties -- Eller Mtl (interference) 2:04, Ladd Wpg (tripping) 10:36, Prust Mtl (roughing) 14:02.
2. Montreal, Bourque 7 (Galchenyuk, Eller) 9:54
3. Winnipeg, Wheeler 19 (Little, Byfuglien) 14:43
Penalties -- None
4. Montreal, Gallagher 14 (Eller, Tinordi) 2:07
5. Montreal, Desharnais 10 (Subban, Markov) 7:57 (pp)
6. Montreal, Desharnais 11 (Pacioretty, Subban) 10:50
Penalties -- Ladd Wpg (roughing) 6:21, Winnipeg bench (too many men, served by Thorburn) 7:18, Gagnon Wpg (cross-checking) 16:27, Pacioretty Mtl (unsportsmanlike conduct), Stuart Wpg (unsportsmanlike conduct, minor-misconduct) 17:18.
Referees -- Chris Rooney, Ian Walsh. Linesmen -- Brad Kovachik, Thor Nelson.
Attendance -- 15,004 (15,004).
"ï"ï THE EXCEPTION:
Heading into Thursday's game, the Jets were 18-1-0 when leading after two periods this season. The unusual circumstances of the way the evening unfolded might deserve an asterisk for the second failure of the year there.
"ï"ï MIDDLE MEN:
The Jets have thrived on second periods of late. They have scored a middle-period goal in nine straight games, outscoring their opponents 19-6 in the process.
"ï"ï STREAK CONTINUES:
By defeating the Jets all three times this season, the Habs have now won five in a row over Winnipeg. The last time the Jets prevailed was at the MTS Centre in December 2011.