Free Press 'Ö'Ö'Ö
Jets 3 at Senators 4
1. Ottawa, Zibanejad 10 (Conacher, Corvo) 13:34.
2. Winnipeg, Byfuglien 8 (Peluso, Wright) 15:37.
3. Ottawa, Michalek 7 (Zibanejad, Conacher) 19:13.
Penalties -- Kassian Ott (fighting) 9:30, Peluso Wpg (fighting) 9:30.
4. Winnipeg, Kane 12 (Trouba, Frolik) 1:32.
Penalties -- Byfuglien Wpg (roughing) 12:52.
5. Ottawa, Smith 9 (Methot) 6:42.
6. Ottawa, MacArthur 13 (Turris) 11:29.
7. Winnipeg, Jokinen 10 (Byfuglien, Enstrom) 14:31.
Penalties -- Peluso Wpg (hooking) 2:32, Trouba Wpg (roughing) 12:29, Conacher Ott (roughing) 12:29.
Referees -- Marc Joannette, Wes McCauley. Linesmen -- Steve Barton, Bryan Pancich.
Attendance -- 18,691.
"Ø"Ø SHUT DOWN:
The Jets' top guns, Andrew Ladd, Bryan Little and Blake Wheeler, were given credit for exactly zero shots on Ottawa goalie Craig Anderson.
"They had an opportunity to get shots and sometimes when you get shots, you create secondary shots or you create penalties," said Jets coach Claude Noel. "It helps you out. But they've drawn a lot of attention to themselves because they're one of the better lines in the league."
"Ø"Ø SOME TRIP NOW:
Having dropped their first game of this three-game trip to a team that was below them in the standings, the Jets now face two powerhouse opponents in Boston and Pittsburgh on the weekend.
"It gets tough," the coach said. "We've got two heavy opponents."
"Ø"Ø UP NEXT:
Jets at Boston Bruins, TD Banknorth Garden, Saturday, noon, TSN Jets, TSN 1290