Free Press ★★★
★ Tomas Fleischmann, Florida. Three assists, was dynamic much of the night.
★★ Tomas Kopecky, Florida. The other Tomas was pretty good, too, and also had three points for his winning side.
★★★ Kris Versteeg, Florida. Chipped in with a key goal in the third period in his second game of the season after missing five because of injury.
Penalties -- Matthias Fla (hooking) 8:27, Smithson Fla (tripping) 9:42, Ladd Wpg (hooking) 11:14.
1. Florida, Campbell 3 (Fleischmann, Kopecky) 5:14 (pp)
2. Winnipeg, Clitsome 1 (Ladd, Postma) 16:11
Penalties -- Redmond Wpg (high-sticking, double minor) 1:22, Stuart Wpg (delay of game) 3:58, Mueller Fla (hooking) 13:55.
3. Winnipeg, Jokinen 2 (Wheeler) 1:23
4. Florida, Versteeg 1 (Fleischmann, Kulikov) 3:34
5. Winnipeg, Enstrom 1 (Kane) 7:38
6. Florida, Mueller 3 (Kuba, Huberdeau) 11:20 (pp)
7. Florida, Kovalev 2 (Fleischmann, Kopecky) 12:37 (pp)
8. Florida, Huberdeau 2, 15:29
9. Florida, Kopecky 2, 18:32 (en)
Penalties -- Wright Wpg (instigator-face shield, instigator, fighting), Upshall Fla (interference, roughing, fighting) 5:43, Ponikarovsky Wpg (tripping) 9:35, Jokinen Wpg (tripping) 11:59.
Shots on goal by
Goal -- Winnipeg: Pavelec (L,2-3-1); Florida: Theodore (W,2-4-0).
Power plays (goals-chances) -- Winnipeg: 0-3; Florida: 3-6.
Referees -- Mike Leggo, Kevin Pollock. Linesmen -- Scott Driscoll, Brian Mach.
Attendance -- 15,731 (17,040).
"ï"ï TRENDING UP:
Olli Jokinen. Had his second goal of the season Thursday. All four of his points have come in the last three games and that's a good sign for the Jets' No. 1 forward unit.
"ï"ï TRENDING DOWN:
Jets' penalty-killing. The team started off well here, killing sharply and staying out of the box. In the last five games, however, it has given up a hurtful eight goals and had only one clean game in that time.