Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 2/9/2011 (1761 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
The rookies will gather in Penticton, B.C., on Sept. 11 and the main camp opens Sept. 17. The Winnipeg Jets are gearing up for their return to the NHL and opening night vs. the Montreal Canadiens Oct. 9 at the MTS Centre. Today we wrap up our up-close look at some of the players who are expected to be in the team's lineup when it hits the ice against the legendary Habs.
80 NIK ANTROPOV
BORN: Feb. 18, 1980 (age 31)
BIRTHPLACE: Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kazakhstan.
DRAFTED: Toronto/1988 NHL entry draft
ROUND: First round (10th overall)
- Signed a four-year, US$16.25-million deal with the Thrashers as a free agent on July 2, 2009.
- Switched to No. 80 from No. 11 when Owen Nolan joined the Leafs in 2003.
- Represented Kazakhstan at the 2006 Winter Olympics in Torino.
- Played for Kazakhstan in three world juniors and was a member of the team that defeated Canada 6-3 for seventh place at the 1998 worlds.
- Became a Canadian citizen during his days with the Leafs.
- Once scored 11 goals and finished with 26 points in a game against Iceland while playing for Kaztsink-Torpedo Ust-Kamenogorsk.
TRANSACTIONS: Acquired as a free agent in 2009. Acquired by the New York Rangers from Toronto for a second-round selection in the 2009 NHL entry draft on March 4, 2009.