Born: July 15, 1990, Massena, N.Y.
Height: 6.03. Weight 215.
Selected: by Atlanta Thrashers Round 1 (3rd overall) 2008 NHL Entry Draft
NHL Numbers: GP: 297 G: 34 A: 69 Pts: 103
Five Bogosian Fast Facts
- One of four American-born members of the Jets, along with Blake Wheeler, Dustin Byfuglien and Jacob Trouba, invited to the U.S. Olympic Orientation Camp next month. Bogosian has played for the U.S. before, as a member of the 2009 American team that finished fourth at the IIHF Worlds.
- Bogosian has two older brothers, Ike Jr. and Aaron. Aaron played last year for the Florida Everblades and Toledo Walleye of the ECHL and with the AHL's Peoria Riverman.
- His father Ike played college football at Syracuse, where he was co-captain of the team with Joe Morris, who would play with the New York Giants.
- On Jan. 17, 2009, in his 12th career NHL game, Bogosian scored his first NHL goal, beating Pekka Rinne of the Nashville Predators.
- The Massena, N.Y. Wikipedia page lists Bogosian among its notable residents, along with baseball hall of famer Bid McPhee and the late actor Hal Smith, best known as Otis Campbell -- the town drunk on CBS's The Andy Griffith Show.