Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Posted: 01/18/2013 1:00 AM | Comments: 0
2011-12 FINAL STANDINGS
Team (Conf. rank)WinsLossesOTGFGAPts
Florida Panthers (3)38261820322794
Washington Capitals (7)4232822223092
Tampa Bay Lightning (10)3836823528184
Winnipeg Jets (11)37351022524684
Carolina Hurricanes (12)33331621324382
HEAD TO HEAD
The Jets posted the best head-to-head record in the Southeast last year. Here's how the numbers break down:
Record vs. Southeast
FIVE JUICY SOUTHEAST DIVISION NUMBERS
1. The Jets had 165 points from their defensive crew last year, tops in the Southeast Division and 6th in the NHL behind Ottawa (201), Vancouver (181), Nashville (172), Toronto (170) and Philadelphia (170. Dustin Byfuglien led the crew with 53 points, followed by Toby Enstrom (33), Zach Bogosian (30), Mark Stuart (14), Johnny Oduya (13), Ron Hainsey (10), Mark Flood (7), Grant Clitsome (3) and Randy Jones (2).
2. Carolina's 4-16 OT/shootout record last season was, by far, the worst in the NHL. By comparison, both New Jersey and Colorado were 16-6. Rounding out the rest of the Southeast -- Tampa Bay was 13-8, Washington 11-8, Winnipeg 10-10 and Florida 7-18.
3. Alex Ovechkin's point totals since 2005-06, his rookie campaign: 106, 92, 112, 110, 109, 85, 65.
4. Florida was a solid 17-5-18 in one-goal games last year.
5. Tampy Bay enjoyed a 23-point surge from 2009-10 to 2010-11, going from 80 points to 103 before falling to Boston in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals. And then last year they dropped 19 points back to 84 and out of the playoffs.
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition January 18, 2013 C3
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories? Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly