Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 27/9/2012 (1531 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
The rest of the NHL's exhibition season is out the window, tossing more cold water into the league's hottest market of 2011-12.
The NHL announced the move on Thursday afternoon and it meant the official abandoning of three more Winnipeg Jets' games.
Last week, the league had scrapped exhibition games through Sept. 30, affecting the first four scheduled Jets outings.
So fans won't have seen or be seeing the Edmonton Oilers (last Tuesday), the Boston Bruins (Sunday), the Minnesota Wild (next Thursday) or the Ottawa Senators (next Saturday) at the MTS Centre.
As of this morning, the Jets will have only one game of refunds or credits on their books.
True North spokesman Scott Brown said Thursday that the team's partners, including season-ticket holders, suite-holders and sponsors, have far and away preferred keeping their payments on account with the team rather than ask for refunds. He said he couldn't give a specific percentage.
Asked if any season tickets have yet been canceled because of the lockout, Brown said the Jets haven't had a single call about doing that.
He did mention that it would be difficult, given the three-, four- and five-year contracts subscribers signed when they purchased the tickets.
Next on the chopping block is undoubtedly the first week or two of the regular season.
It's likely NHL commissioner Gary Bettman can't go very many more days before shutting off the planned start of the regular season on Oct. 11. The Jets are scheduled to open at home on Oct. 13 against Carolina.
Brown said the Jets wouldn't reveal any conversations with part-time and arena employees who are regularly on duty for NHL game nights.
"I can't share that with you but I can tell you that we're trying to make as busy an event calendar as we can at the MTS Centre, aside from NHL games," Brown said.