Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
When Burrows scores, it's free beers all around
The pub in a well-heeled Vancouver suburb decided it would be a good promotion if it offered patrons a free beer every time the Vancouver Canucks forward scored.
It just so happened that Burrows, whose overtime goal shunted the St. Louis Blues from the Stanley Cup playoffs Tuesday, is the favourite player of pub manager Trevor St. James. The goal was Burrows' second of the game.
"He's a small-town guy, he's a pest and he's just fun to watch," St. James said Wednesday in an interview.
The Burrows beer has been changed to the Burrows Shot because of the Canuck forward's recent scoring binge. Pulling 150 pints of draft for each patron was an hour-long chore.
-- The Canadian Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition April 23, 2009 C2
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
- Hat trick of signings for Jets
- Jets sign forwards Eric O'Dell, Patrice Cormier and John Albert
- Jets keeping Klingberg for another year
- Hawks have to make a move
- Blunt Babcock hits back
- Jets agree to terms with Carl Klingberg on one-year, two-way contract
- Top 4 cities for NHL expansion
- Game, set and scratch: Kirilenko ices engagement to Washington Capitals star Alex Ovechkin
- GM refuses to fan trade-rumour flames
- Evander Kane fuels trade rumours
- Jets ink former Ducks' centre Perreault
- Jets draft excitement
- No joke -- Jets have decision at centre ice
- Cheveldayoff stays mum on whether Jets may trade Kane
- Jets sign Hutchinson, lose Jokinen
- Former Jet weighs in on Winnipeg's allure
- Jets readying for free-agent market
- Guessing games: Some thoughts and reckonings following the NHL draft
- NHL draft day full of possibilities
Ads by Google