The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Premier League club Southampton suspends striker Osvaldo over training-ground incident
SOUTHAMPTON, England - Southampton says it has suspended record signing Pablo Osvaldo for two weeks following a training-ground incident.
The striker has scored four times during his first season at the south-coast Premier League club since joining from Roma in August for 15.1 million euros (then $20 million).
Osvaldo will now be forced to miss the FA Cup match against Yeovil on Saturday, and Premier League games against Arsenal and Fulham.
Southampton's statement said Osvaldo was involved in an "incident," adding that it took "swift and proper action for what it considers a breach of the conduct expected of its players."
The Italy international was kicked out of the Confederations Cup squad last year for insulting his club coach at Roma in a breach of national team coach Cesare Prandelli's code of ethics.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 17 articles for today)2:51 PM 0