The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
'2 Broke Girls' creator Whitney Cummings to host Montreal's Just for Laughs gala
MONTREAL - It's no joke: Montreal's Just for Laughs festival has announced that caustic comedian Whitney Cummings will host the festival's gala finale.
Cummings, 30, will emcee what organizers are hailing as "the most uncensored, raw and unpredictable gala in years" on July 28 at the Place des arts.
Cummings is the creator of CBS's "2 Broke Girls" and is a former writer for MTV's "Punk'd" series.
She was also the creator and writer of the NBC sitcom "Whitney," which was cancelled in May after two seasons.
The 31st edition of the festival will feature seven gala events, keyed by such names as Montreal native Jay Baruchel, American standup Dane Cook and newly named host of NBC's "Late Night" Seth Meyers.
Cummings is the latest addition to a heavyweight slate of female comedians, including Sarah Silverman, Joan Rivers and Amy Schumer.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 7 articles for this year)4:01 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Kids get leg up in life with lessons on mindfulness: University of B.C. study
- Growing number of single Saudi women challenge conservative society on love, marriage and work
- Siblings with autism often have different genetic mutations: study
- Thalidomide survivors still hoping for funding after Ottawa misses deadline
- No princes required: Daughters help inspire independent Disney princesses not seeking romance
Ads by Google