The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
60s singer Bobby Rydell gets double organ transplant, set to be released from Pa. hospital
PHILADELPHIA - Sixties teen idol Bobby Rydell has undergone a liver and kidney transplant in Philadelphia.
The 70-year-old singer, whose hits include "Wild One" and "Volare," had surgery last week. He tells KYW-AM (http://cbsloc.al/Oa0Brx ) that his doctor didn't expect him to live much longer without the double organ transplant.
Doctors at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital say they were able to use part of the donor liver to help Rydell and the other part to help a child.
Rydell says he now wants to help raise awareness about organ donation. He expects to be released from the hospital Wednesday.
Information from: KYW-AM, http://www.kyw1060.com
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 7 articles for this year)4:01 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- EU blacklists Sri Lanka over illegal fishing, bans imports into bloc
- Cineplex plans entertainment complex with live music, comedy, games
- Kids get leg up in life with lessons on mindfulness: University of B.C. study
- Growing number of single Saudi women challenge conservative society on love, marriage and work
- Siblings with autism often have different genetic mutations: study
- Thalidomide survivors still hoping for funding after Ottawa misses deadline
- No princes required: Daughters help inspire independent Disney princesses not seeking romance
- Wyoming becomes latest US state to legalize gay marriage after Supreme Court decision
Ads by Google