The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Barrie firefighter dies of injuries after skiing accident at Blue Mountain
BARRIE, Ont. - Flags at Barrie fire halls are at half-mast after a firefighter died from injuries suffered in a skiing accident.
Fire chief John Lynn says 45-year-old Sander White hit a tree last Friday afternoon at Blue Mountain resort and was airlifted to a Toronto hospital.
White died of his injuries Monday.
He had been with the Barrie department for 12 years.
It's the first ski-related death at Blue Mountain in three years. (CHGB)
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 6 articles for this year)03/26/2015 6:00 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Kids get leg up in life with lessons on mindfulness: University of B.C. study
- Growing number of single Saudi women challenge conservative society on love, marriage and work
- Siblings with autism often have different genetic mutations: study
- Thalidomide survivors still hoping for funding after Ottawa misses deadline
- No princes required: Daughters help inspire independent Disney princesses not seeking romance
- Playing video games for money? 3 guys make career out of gaming, blaze new path online
Ads by Google