The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
'Downton Abbey' special airing in December with a preview of season as well as a look back
NEW YORK, N.Y. - PBS is setting the table for the "Downton Abbey" feast ahead with a preview special planned for broadcast in December.
PBS' "Masterpiece" says "Return to Downton Abbey" will air Dec. 1 with what's billed as "a tantalizing taste" of the upcoming season, which begins Jan. 5.
It also will look at the series' past three seasons.
Susan Sarandon serves as host for the special, a mix of behind-the-scenes footage, clips of favourite moments and interviews with cast members. Michelle Dockery, Hugh Bonneville, Elizabeth McGovern, Jim Carter and Shirley MacLaine are among the stars who will appear in the special.
"Downton Abbey," the wildly popular drama about British class and culture a century ago, will move into the Roaring Twenties in the new season.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 6 articles for this year)03/26/2015 6:00 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Kids get leg up in life with lessons on mindfulness: University of B.C. study
- Growing number of single Saudi women challenge conservative society on love, marriage and work
- Siblings with autism often have different genetic mutations: study
- Thalidomide survivors still hoping for funding after Ottawa misses deadline
- No princes required: Daughters help inspire independent Disney princesses not seeking romance
- Playing video games for money? 3 guys make career out of gaming, blaze new path online
Ads by Google