The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Flaming Lips, Raekwon and Ghostface Killah to play free Toronto shows for NXNE
TORONTO - The Flaming Lips and Wu-Tang Clan veterans Raekwon and Ghostface Killah are among the acts who will perform for free during Toronto's North by Northeast festival this June.
California punk band Bad Religion and Vancouver alt-rocker Matthew Good will also put in free public performances at Yonge-Dundas Square during the festival, which runs from June 11-17.
The festival's lineup will also include performances from Georgia art-pop outfit Of Montreal, punk band Good Riddance and Montreal indie-rockers Plants and Animals.
The Flaming Lips — the influential, three-time Grammy-winning psych-rock group from Oklahoma City — will take to the stage on June 16, while Raekwon and Ghostface will close the festival the following night.
One-day wristbands for the festival start at $25 with a full festival wristband costing $50. More expensive priority passes are also available.
More performers will be announced in the coming weeks.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 6 articles for this year)03/26/2015 6:00 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Kids get leg up in life with lessons on mindfulness: University of B.C. study
- Growing number of single Saudi women challenge conservative society on love, marriage and work
- Siblings with autism often have different genetic mutations: study
- Thalidomide survivors still hoping for funding after Ottawa misses deadline
- No princes required: Daughters help inspire independent Disney princesses not seeking romance
- Playing video games for money? 3 guys make career out of gaming, blaze new path online
Ads by Google