The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Hundreds of tumbleweeds pushed against West Texas home by strong winds
MIDLAND, Texas - A brutal storm system that brought 19 inches of snow to some areas of West Texas has delivered something entirely different to one homeowner.
Winds in excess of 60 mph that accompanied Monday's blizzard pushed hundreds of tumbleweeds against a Midland home.
KWES-TV of Odesa and Midland reports (http://bit.ly/YYtSt2) one side of Josh Pitman's home is obscured by tumbleweeds stacked one atop the other, blocking some doorways.
Pitman says he recently tore down a fence that would have protected his home from the rambling weeds.
He says it's the "most ridiculous thing" he's ever seen.
He expects to spend the rest of the week clearing away the tumbleweeds.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 6 articles for this year)03/26/2015 6:00 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Kids get leg up in life with lessons on mindfulness: University of B.C. study
- Growing number of single Saudi women challenge conservative society on love, marriage and work
- Siblings with autism often have different genetic mutations: study
- Thalidomide survivors still hoping for funding after Ottawa misses deadline
- No princes required: Daughters help inspire independent Disney princesses not seeking romance
- Wyoming becomes latest US state to legalize gay marriage after Supreme Court decision
- Playing video games for money? 3 guys make career out of gaming, blaze new path online
Ads by Google