The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Police say choking driver caused wreck, sent fireball exploding over Walmart in New Mexico
DEMING, N.M. - Police say man who choked on his food while driving caused a chain reaction that led to a fireball exploding over a Walmart in southwestern New Mexico.
The Deming Headlight reports (http://bit.ly/YtpLbN) 61-year-old Robert Sheppard told police he was eating as he drove Saturday in front of the Walmart Superstore in Deming and that he began to choke, causing him to lose control of his pickup truck.
According to police, the pickup, travelling at a "high rate of speed," struck a propane tank attached to a grill.
Witnesses reported seeing a massive fireball that extended over the roof of the store.
Police say three people were injured in the crash.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 7 articles for this year)03/31/2015 4:01 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Free Press releases new app for iPad and iPhone
- Stars of fashion, media, Hollywood pack funeral for designer Oscar de la Renta
Ads by Google