The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Saskatoon police not amused by prank "I hid the body" text sent by bored woman
SASKATOON - Police in Saskatoon were not amused by a prank text that resulted in several squad cars surrounding a woman's home.
Police say when the incident ended, the 25-year-old woman told them she had been bored and sent out a text to random numbers that read: "I hid the body, now what?"
One of those random numbers turned out to be a Saskatoon police officer, who traced the call to a home on the city's east side.
Police spokeswoman Alyson Edwards says the joke was a huge waste of police resources.
She says the officers who were sent to the home could have been attending to other, more important calls instead.
The woman was not charged.
"But it is a criminal offence and we are able to lay charges if we decide to do so," said Edwards. "It would depend on the circumstances."
It wasn't the first "I hid the body" text accidentally sent to police. Last week, a 15-year-old girl in Arkansas was let off with a warning.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 6 articles for this year)03/26/2015 6:00 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Kids get leg up in life with lessons on mindfulness: University of B.C. study
- Growing number of single Saudi women challenge conservative society on love, marriage and work
- Siblings with autism often have different genetic mutations: study
- Thalidomide survivors still hoping for funding after Ottawa misses deadline
- No princes required: Daughters help inspire independent Disney princesses not seeking romance
- Wyoming becomes latest US state to legalize gay marriage after Supreme Court decision
- Playing video games for money? 3 guys make career out of gaming, blaze new path online
Ads by Google