The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
US jeweler offers free rifles for grooms-to-be who buy $2K engagement rings
NORTH LIBERTY, Iowa - Have you spent your life hunting for the perfect wife? Maybe you have met the one but are feeling gun shy?
An Iowa jeweler is offering free rifles for husbands-to-be who spend at least $1,999 on an engagement ring at his store near Iowa City.
Jeweler Harold van Beek told KCRG near Cedar Rapids (http://bit.ly/TY3Jgg ) that he wanted to "do something for the boy who doesn't like to hunt for diamonds but likes to hunt for deer."
The deal at Jewelry By Harold in North Liberty starts Thursday and will run through the end of October.
The rifle offer is subject to Iowa laws on gun ownership. Those barred include felons and addicts.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 7 articles for this year)4:01 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- EU blacklists Sri Lanka over illegal fishing, bans imports into bloc
- Cineplex plans entertainment complex with live music, comedy, games
- Kids get leg up in life with lessons on mindfulness: University of B.C. study
- Growing number of single Saudi women challenge conservative society on love, marriage and work
- Siblings with autism often have different genetic mutations: study
- Thalidomide survivors still hoping for funding after Ottawa misses deadline
- No princes required: Daughters help inspire independent Disney princesses not seeking romance
- Wyoming becomes latest US state to legalize gay marriage after Supreme Court decision
Ads by Google