The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
"The Bold and the Beautiful" celebrates 25 years in France, films special episodes in Paris
PARIS - It's a soap opera about fashion, glamour, romance and heartbreak — so, rather fittingly, the "The Bold and the Beautiful" has gone to Paris.
The U.S. TV series is filming several episodes in front of the Eiffel Tower this week to celebrate 25 years of being broadcast in France.
The series — which says it's the world's highest-rated daily soap opera with an estimated 26.2 million viewers — owes its longevity to its international allure. It's especially popular in Italy and France.
Scott Clifton, who plays Liam, one of the series' main stars, says "it's about beautiful people designing beautiful clothes, beautiful jewelry and accessories."
He says, "I think Paris and France really values (that)."
The episodes will be broadcast in the U.S. in August.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 6 articles for this year)03/26/2015 6:00 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Kids get leg up in life with lessons on mindfulness: University of B.C. study
- Growing number of single Saudi women challenge conservative society on love, marriage and work
- Siblings with autism often have different genetic mutations: study
- Thalidomide survivors still hoping for funding after Ottawa misses deadline
- No princes required: Daughters help inspire independent Disney princesses not seeking romance
- Playing video games for money? 3 guys make career out of gaming, blaze new path online
Ads by Google