Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Range Rover sought in deadly Vegas crash found
LAS VEGAS -- A black Range Rover SUV sought in a deadly Las Vegas Strip shooting and crash was found Saturday at an apartment complex east of the famed tourist destination, as police identified a 26-year-old man as a suspect.
Police Capt. Chris Jones said authorities were searching for Ammar Harris, whose previous arrests in the city included counts of kidnapping and pandering, the legal charge for a person who is caught soliciting clients for a prostitute.
Police had been looking for the SUV since early Thursday, when it was involved in a shooting that sent a Maserati into a taxi that exploded, killing three people.
The Maserati's driver, aspiring rapper Kenny Cherry, died from a gunshot wound to the chest.
Taxi driver Michael Boldon, of Las Vegas, and his passenger, Sandra Sutton-Wasmund of Maple Valley, Wash., died when the Maserati struck them and caused the taxi to explode in a fiery crash.
Police think an argument at the valet area of the upscale Aria resort-casino led to the shooting, but they haven't shared details. The shooting happened the same night that Morocco-born rapper French Montana was playing at Aria's signature nightclub, Haze.
-- The Associated Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition February 24, 2013 A6
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 19 articles for today)3:45 PM 0
LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Whoever snatched a seal or sea lion pup from a Los Angeles beach early Sunday should ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Rough times in Russia
- Video purports to show Islamic State militants killing captured Ethiopian Christians in Libya
- Caged puppies on car roof trigger flurry of 911 calls in Ohio, police take custody
- Canada's turn as Arctic Council head to end at Iqaluit meeting; Kerry takes over
- Fearful immigrants say South Africans warned they would target anyone with foreign passport
- California serial killer denied parole; man went on 9-day crime rampage, killing 4
- Egypt court sentences 11 fans to death in 2012 soccer riot, in highly charged case
- Sheriff: Cannot arrest woman who bragged on Facebook of killing cat unless photo is genuine
- Republicans disagree on foreign policy
- Man pleads guilty to charges related to 6-year-old daughter's severely rotten teeth
- Dispatcher seemed confused by 911 call: 'I'm inside a plane, and I feel like it's moving'
- As her 2016 campaign debuts, Republican presidential candidates already united against Clinton
- Court releases video of 'Suge' Knight running over 2 men, other evidence in case
- Couple killed with baby when concrete slab fell from overpass onto pickup were youth ministers
- 'Free-range' parenting under the gun
- Police again pick up children, 6 and 10, of 'free-range' parents, take kids to child services
- Milwaukee motorist shot, killed after van strikes child; teen brother of child also killed
- Physicians want Dr. Mehmet Oz gone from Columbia medical faculty, say he lacks integrity
- Driver who hit toddler in US street starts chain of events that leaves 4 people dead
- It wasn't the strippers, it was the noise that led to downfall of a Florida stripper school
- Alps plane crash cause remains mystery; report says audio shows 1 pilot locked out of cockpit
- German co-pilot locks cockpit, deliberately slams plane into Alps; investigators study why
- Co-pilot appeared healthy, but may have hidden illness, torn-up sick notes for day of crash
- Report says 1 pilot locked out of cockpit before crash that killed 150 people
- Al-Shabab gunmen kill 147 at university in Kenya; 4 attackers slain by troops to end siege
- Germanwings co-pilot researched suicide, cockpit doors before crash; France finds 2nd recorder
- German airline could face 'unlimited' damages for crash blamed on co-pilot
- Utility says it removed stolen electric meter from rental home where 8 died of gas poisoning
- Gunman in Kenyan massacre was government official's son, underscoring threat from within
- White SC police officer charged with murder in black man's death after dramatic video emerges
Ads by Google