Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 22/1/2013 (2924 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Finalists for the Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce Spirit of Winnipeg Awards awards have been announced:
- Small Business: 1 Life Workplace Safety & Health Ltd., InfoMagnetics Technologies Corp. and La Liberté;
- Medium Business: Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods, Number TEN Architecture and Pinnacle;
- Large Business: Emterra Environmental, Stantec and Winnipeg Airports Authority;
- Start-up Business: 365 Technologies Inc., Metis Economic Development Organization (MEDO) and Po-Motion Inc.;
- Charity: Resource Assistance for Youth, Ronald McDonald House and Variety, the Children’s Charity of Manitoba;
- Not-for-Profit: Not-for-Profit: Career Internship Program, Louis Riel School Division, International Institute for Sustainable Development and Winnipeg Folk Festival..
The Spirit of Winnipeg awards were established to recognize businesses that exemplify innovation and entrepreneurship.
The winners will be announced at a gala dinner at the Fairmont Hotel on Friday, March 1.
Martin Cash has been writing a column and business news at the Free Press since 1989. Over those years he’s written through a number of business cycles and the rise and fall (and rise) in fortunes of many local businesses.