Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 29/9/2011 (3677 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
The Winnipeg Free Press and Winnipeg Jets announced a continued long-standing partnership agreement on Thursday.
"We were a proud supporter of True North and its endeavors through the past 15 years and we are very excited about growing our relationship forward," Bob Cox, publisher of the Winnipeg Free Press, said in a statement. "This partnership is going to help us enhance Winnipeg’s best and most comprehensive news and sports sections with the inside stories of the Winnipeg Jets. If you are a Jets fan you will want to be a reader and subscriber of the Winnipeg Free Press."
Jim Ludlow, President & CEO of True North Sports & Entertainment, said the Winnipeg Jets’ partnership with the Winnipeg Free Press will help launch the new era of NHL hockey in Manitoba.
"As the province’s leading newspaper and multi-media company, it was natural to continue our long-standing partnership with the Winnipeg Free Press as we move into our inaugural season with the Winnipeg Jets," Ludlow said in a news release.
Through the partnership with the Winnipeg Jets, readers and advertising partners of the Winnipeg Free Press are going to see:
- The most comprehensive coverage of the Winnipeg Jets on our sports pages from some of the best sports writers in the country.
- The deepest and most up-to-date web content.
- Unique online content including live blogs during games, video of game recaps, live news conferences, and video features on players and people associated with the Winnipeg Jets.
- The most comprehensive pro hockey mobile app in the market, the Winnipeg Free Press Hockey app, and coming soon the official Winnipeg Jets app.
- The hardcover collector’s edition of the book Back in the Bigs: How Winnipeg Won, Lost and Regained its Place in the NHL
- The best and most photos of Jets action from the Winnipeg Free Press pages
- A special 64-page Winnipeg Jets supplement: "Flight Plan" in paper on October 1, 2011
- A special Oct. 10 Thanksgiving Monday edition of the Winnipeg Free Press with the most comprehensive coverage of Opening Night.
- And coming this season, a 25-piece commemorative first season player medallion collection