Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 22/12/2011 (2070 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Kelvin High School is celebrating its 100th anniversary this May with a massive three-day reunion.
"We’re calling on all Kelvin High School alumni to help spread the word," said Jim Pappas, a Kelvin alumnus and anniversary committee co-chair.
The reunion is May 25-27, and will be capped off by a gala dinner May 26, with more than 4,000 grads expected to attend. Well-known Kelvinites Roger Currie and Fiona Odlum will host the gala.
Other events include a Friday evening concert and a social.
Pappas and co-chair Richard Bracken have set up a few social media sites to help alumni check out the party.
Register for the reunion at www.kelvin100.com, or join the conversation at www.facebook.com/kelvin100th, on Twitter @kelvin100th and at hashtag #Kelvin100.
Some of Kelvin High School’s notable alumni include:
• Gail Asper, philanthropist and community leader
• Gerald W. Schwartz, co-founder of CanWest Global Communications and CEO of Onex Corporation
• Andrew Coyne, journalist and national editor of Maclean’s
• Brothers Danny and Ken Finkleman
• Jay Ingram, former co-Host of Discovery’s Daily Planet
• Michaele Jordana, artist and musician
• Mike Keane, three-time Stanley Cup champion
• Mary Morrison, O.C., opera singer
• Don Oramasionwu, Winnipeg Blue Bomber
• Fred Penner, children’s entertainer
• John K. Samson, musician
• Glen Scrivener, former CFL player
• Shirley Tilghman, president of Princeton University
• Neil Young, musician