Help us deliver reliable news during this pandemic.
We are working tirelessly to bring you trusted information about COVID-19. Support our efforts by subscribing today.No Thanks Subscribe
Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 22/3/2012 (2940 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Two adults and a child were sent to hospital earlier this morning following an apartment fire in a West Alexander neighbourhood.
The Winnipeg Fire Department said crews were called out at 12:39 a.m. to a suite at 263 Beacon St., just east of Arlington Street and Logan Avenue, where they found a burning mattress in one of the units.
The fire was confined to the suite.
The two adults were taken to HSC and the child to Children’s Hospital. All three were suffering from slight smoke inhalation.
There is an estimated $30,000 damage to the suite and contents.