Provincial health officials announced 158 new cases of COVID-19 and 5 more deaths in Manitoba Wednesday.
There are 2,928 active cases in Manitoba, with 289 people in hospital (119 are considered infectious), including 36 in intensive care.
The new deaths include:
• a man in his 50s from the Northern health region
• a man in his 80s from Prairie Mountain Health region and linked to the outbreak at the McCreary/Alonsa Health Centre
• a man in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at the Southeast Personal Care Home
• a man in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region
• a woman in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at the Charleswood Care Centre
Of the new cases announced Wednesday, 61 are in the Winnipeg health region, eight in Southern Health; seven in Interlake–Eastern; 12 in Prairie Mountain; and 70 in the Northern Health region. The five-day test positivity rate is 9.6 in Manitoba, and 7.4 in Winnipeg.