Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 11/12/2010 (3693 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
MEXICO CITY — A Mexican hotel, where five Canadians were killed in an explosion last month, has been fined US$481,000 for failing to advise municipal officials of alterations that were made to propane installations at the facility.
Playa del Carmen municipal government spokesman Pedro Juarez said the Spanish-owned Grand Riviera Princess Hotel was fined for administrative violations. He said the sanction is not related to the investigation into the Nov. 14 explosion, which also killed two Mexican employees.
"After the inspection done by the local government, it was found that certain modifications to various gas installations were not reported," Juarez said.
"The fine is for not reporting the modifications that were done."
-- Postmedia News