WARNING: The views and opinions expressed in the video entries for Winnipeg’s Gone Wacky are not those of the Winnipeg Free Press. Some videos may include language that some viewers may find offensive. Viewer discretion is advised.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open to all Manitoba residents who are 18 years of age or over at time of entry into the contest. The Winnipeg Free Press reserves the right to require proof of age and jurisdiction of residence prior to awarding any prize. Employees, agents and representatives of the Winnipeg Free Press and its subsidiaries and affiliates, Canad Inns and its subsidiaries or affiliates, HOT 103 FM and its subsidiaries or affiliates and each of their respective advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to win, nor are the parents, siblings and children of any such employee, agent or representative or any person with whom such employee, agent or representative is domiciled. Winners of Winnipeg’s Gone Wacky 2009 and 2010 are also not eligible to enter.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: Contest entries will be accepted from Monday, September 12, 2011 at midnight to Monday, October 10, 2011 at midnight Central Time. Rating Period will take place from Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at noon to November 6, 2011 at midnight. Winnipeg’s Gone Wacky Showdown will take place on Thursday, November 24, 2011, at Essence, Canad Inns Destination Center Garden City, 2100 McPhillips Street, Winnipeg MB.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: The contest is offered electronically via the internet.
To enter the contest:
Go to www.youtube.com and upload an audio/video file of your comedy routine (maximum 3 minutes and 2 GB). YouTube accepts video files from most digital cameras and camcorders, and cell phones in the .AVI, .MOV, .WMV, and .MPG file formats.
> Go to www.youtube.com and “Create Account” or “Sign In”.
> Click the “Upload” button in the upper-right-hand corner of any YouTube page.
> Click the “Browse” button to browse for the comedy video file you'd like to upload. Select the file you want to upload.
> Click the “Upload Video” button to start the uploading process.
> As the video file is uploading, enter as much information about your video as possible in the relevant fields (including Title, Description, Tags, and Category) – Please include “Winnipeg Free Press” somewhere in your title or description. Tags are keywords for your video, i.e. Winnipeg’s Gone Wacky or Stand-up Comedy. Use other words that relate to your bit.
> Click the “Save changes” button to save the updates you've made to the video file.
Next, go to www.winnipegfreepress.com/gone-wacky. To enter the contest, you must be registered with the Winnipeg Free Press site. If you are not yet registered, click “Register” and enter the required information. If you are a registered member, login to the site. Then, go to www.winnipegfreepress.com/gone-wacky. Copy the URL from your YouTube video and paste it on the Winnipeg’s Gone Wacky submit form (e.g. your URL should look something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3z2xYECoaQ). Click Submit.
All video/audio files will be subject to review. Contestants are able to use props or any other material needed to help support their stand up routine. PG rating must apply – may have mild violence and/or action, mild language, mild sexual references, very mild drug references, etc. No nudity.
To rate contestant videos:
Go to www.winnipegfreepress.com/gone-wacky. In order to rate the videos, you must be registered with the Winnipeg Free Press site. If you are not yet registered, click “Register” and enter the required information. If you are a registered member, login to the site. Video rating will take place from Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at noon to November 6, 2011 at midnight. To view and rate the videos, go to www.winnipegfreepress.com/gone-wacky. All video rating will use a five star rating process. Each Winnipeg Free Press user may only rate a contestant video once per rating phase. In the event of a tie, a simple formula will be used to determine the winner – total score divided by the total number of ratings (minimum 50 ratings required in event of a tie). Rating Period will narrow the competition down to seven contestants. The remaining three spots will be determined by “Judges Choice” in which Big Daddy Tazz, Ryan Ash and Ace Burpee will choice their favorites among the remaining contestants. The top ten contestants will be contacted by phone or email and be given all the information needed for the showdown. If there are fewer than five contestants at the Rating Period deadline, all contestants will automatically be eligible to compete at the showdown at Essence, November 24th, 2011.
4. PRIZES: There will be one grand prize awarded of $1,000 cash, Blackberry Playbook and the title of Winnipeg’s Wackiest Comedian 2011.
5. AWARDING OF GRAND PRIZE: Winnipeg’s Gone Wacky Showdown will take place on Thursday, November 24, 2011, at Essence in the Canad Inns Destination Center Garden City, 2100 McPhillips Street, Winnipeg MB. The top 10 rated contestants will be judged by Ace Burpee, Ryan Ash and Big Daddy Tazz who will determine Winnipeg’s Wackiest Amateur Comedian 2011. In event of a tie an applause meter will determine the grand prize winner. Prize will be awarded at the event.
6. CONTEST GENERAL RULES: By entering the contest, entrants agree to abide by these contest rules and regulations and the decisions of the Winnipeg Free Press and contest judges, which are final.
7. DISQUALIFICATION: The Winnipeg Free Press is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this contest or the operation of the Winnipeg Free Press website, as determined by the Winnipeg Free Press, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. All material used in your video entry must be original; the Winnipeg Free Press reserves the right to disqualify you if we find that your material used to qualify is not original. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, the Winnipeg Free Press reserves the right to terminate the entrant’s eligibility to participate. In the event any portion of this contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the Winnipeg Free Press, which in the sole opinion of the Winnipeg Free Press, corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the contest, the Winnipeg Free Press reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate the contest.
8. TAX INFORMATION: Liability for any applicable taxes imposed by any government, if any, on any prize won is the sole responsibility of the winner of such prize.
9. APPLICABLE LAWS: This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
10. PRIZE DISCLAIMER: The Winnipeg Free Press shall not be responsible or liable to entrants for any losses, damages or costs incurred as a result of entrants entering the contest or use of a prize won in connection with this contest in accordance with the contest rules and regulations. By participating in the contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Winnipeg Free Press and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives of the Winnipeg Free Press, its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
11. ALTERNATE MEANS OF CONTEST ENTRY: Please contact Brodie Milne at Brodie.firstname.lastname@example.org.