Job Title: Community Journalist
Department: Canstar Editorial
Closing Date: Dec. 20, 2019
Description of Duties:
- Pursue vigorously all reporting and photographic assignments;
- Gather all information necessary to complete all reporting and photo assignments;
- Write clear, concise, reader-friendly stories;
- Take clear, quality photographs to illustrate community activities;
- Ensure all stories meet high standards of accuracy, fairness and comprehensiveness;
- Meet assignment deadlines;
- Initiate and develop ideas for story assignments in conjunction with supervising editor(s);
- Layout and edit stories and photographs as directed;
- Take direction and assist colleagues as required;
- Maintain close contact with the community;
- Other general duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary journalism accreditation or equivalent reporting experience.
- Excellent writing, interviewing, researching and photography skills.
- Experience in newspaper layout and design.
- Working knowledge of newsroom computer systems.
- Must project a professional public image on behalf of the newspaper.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants may submit their resume to:
Human Resources - 2nd Floor
We thank all applicants for applying, however only those under consideration will be contacted.