If you are searching for an exciting career, and wish to showcase your skills and work on projects that reach over a million people each month, we invite you to apply for this position.
Job title: Multimedia Producer - Full-time
Wage Rate: As per collective agreement
Posting date: Oct. 7, 2021
Closing date: 4 p.m. on Oct. 15, 2021
If you believe journalism matters and want to prove that every day in a newsroom that’s growing, the Winnipeg Free Press wants to hear from you.
We are looking for a full-time multimedia producer in our newsroom.
Description of Duties
- Create, publish and update engaging and user-friendly digital content including articles, galleries, data visualizations, graphics, maps, and videos.
- Collaborate with reporters, editors and developers to produce compelling journalistic packages for multiple platforms.
- Curate news content on winnipegfreepress.com as well as our apps,, social media, notifications and other platforms.
- Monitor social media and actively engage with community on social media platforms for content creation, promotion and audience engagement.
- Initiate and develop ideas for projects in conjunction with supervising editors. Ensure all projects are completed on deadline and meet high standards of accuracy, fairness and comprehensiveness.
- Track, interpret and respond to analytics.
- Take direction and assist colleagues; other general duties as required.
- Post-secondary journalism accreditation or equivalent experience.
- Strong news judgment, proven ability to manage fast-moving information.
- Experience creating interactive maps, charts, timelines and other visualizations, using databases and other data tools.
- Familiarity with HTML. Experience with Python, R or other programming languages an asset.
- Proficiency with social media platforms.
- Skilled at multi-tasking, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work a variety of shifts -- including evenings, nights and weekends -- under deadline pressure.
- Passionate about journalism, storytelling, data and design.
The Winnipeg Free Press offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workforce. We encourage applications from individuals of diverse backgrounds, abilities and perspectives.
If you are searching for a challenging, exciting career opportunity, and want to join an award-winning news operation, look no further!
We invite you to submit your resume to the attention of: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for applying, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.