August 19, 2017


24° C, Partly cloudy

Full Forecast


Advertise With Us

North End residence suffers smoke damage from kitchen fire

Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 3/5/2014 (1204 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.

A cooking fire in the North End caused about $20,000 in damage to a house late Friday night.

No one was injured in the blaze, reported just before midnight in the 200 block of Redwood Avenue, a fire department spokesman said.

A tenant cooking in the kitchen accidentally started the fire. It resulted in smoke damage throughout the home, the fire department spokesman said.


Advertise With Us

You can comment on most stories on You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is be a Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscriber to join the conversation and give your feedback.

Have Your Say

New to commenting? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.

Have Your Say

Comments are open to Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscribers only. why?

Have Your Say

Comments are open to Winnipeg Free Press Subscribers only. why?

The Winnipeg Free Press does not necessarily endorse any of the views posted. By submitting your comment, you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These terms were revised effective January 2015.

Photo Store

Scroll down to load more