Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 27/11/2012 (1727 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
THE owner of a vacant Corydon Avenue commercial building has asked Fort Rouge Coun. Jenny Gerbasi to recuse herself from a public hearing about a plan to remove the structure from a special zoning area.
Moe Investments, which owns the former Chicken Delight at the intersection of Corydon and Stafford Street, wants to lease the building to the operator of a new Harvey's fast-food restaurant. But Harvey's can't open a drive-thru window at the structure, as a grandfathered allowance for the window lapsed after the building was vacant for one year and new Corydon strip development rules don't allow drive-thrus.
Earlier this month, Moe Investments director Munther Zeid accused Gerbasi, city planners and the Corydon Avenue Business Improvement Zone of trying to kill the drive-thru by failing to disclose the fact the allowance for the drive-thru was about to lapse.
On Tuesday, Munther sent city clerk Richard Kachur a letter requesting Gerbasi recuse herself from a Dec. 4 hearing about a plan to remove the former Chicken Delight from the special Corydon zoning area, a move that could lead to permission for a drive-thru window.
Gerbasi said she has no intention of recusing herself from the hearing.
"Councillors are allowed to discuss development issues before they are in front of city council," she said Tuesday, insisting Munther is alleging bias in conversations that took place months before he made an application. "According to legal and city clerks, I have followed procedures exactly as they are supposed to be."