Easter brings new hope during a difficult time
Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 07/04/2021 (786 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Easter weekend brought Christians in our community time for reflection and celebration to remember the new life and hope we have in Christ.
This reflection came after a long and difficult year and I am grateful to the members of our community who stepped up to support our neighbours in need. I speak to my constituents every week and I know they have faced incredible challenges because of COVID-19 and the public health measures put in place to fight it.
Kildonan–St. Paul families are doing their best, despite the circumstances but they need hope and a plan to secure the future. Under the leadership of Erin O’Toole, Canada’s Conservatives are working to secure the future and get Canadians back to work. In this letter to you, I wish to share our top five priorities as we continue to fight for all Canadians.
• We believe that every Canadian deserves the security and dignity that comes with a secure, stable, and well-paid job. A comprehensive jobs plan to get Canadians back to work across the country will be a key focus for Conservatives in Parliament.
• We are committed to implementing the toughest accountability and transparency laws in Canada’s history to ensure your federal government serves you with the integrity and honesty that you deserve.
• We understand this past year has created a mental health crisis. It’s time to take mental health seriously and provide the support Canadians need.
• As a country, we must never again be caught as unprepared as we were when COVID-19 hit last year. We will work to make our country more resilient, reduce our reliance on foreign countries like China, and take seriously our responsibility to protect the health of Canadians.
• We also understand the importance of getting our economy back on track. We cannot pass unsustainable debt on to future generations. Once the recovery starts, we will need to focus the next decade on getting spending under control responsibly.
Canadians need a safe, data-driven recovery plan to give them hope to make it through this crisis. That’s why Canada’s Conservatives continue to demand a plan from the Liberal government. I am honoured to be working hard for you in the House of Commons.
Best wishes as we hope for a bright spring and a strong recovery.
My office is always available to answer any questions you may have or to share your concerns: 204-984-6322 or Raquel.Dancho@parl.gc.ca
Kildonan-St. Paul constituency report
Raquel Dancho is the Conservative MP for Kildonan-St. Paul.