Manitoba Schools Science Symposium Category Award Results
• Best Animal Science - Junior: Jasmine Cheng, Acadia Junior High, SPECIALTY EGGS; ARE THEY WORTH IT?
• Best Chemistry - Junior: Owen Glor, Linden Christian School, A Comparison of Homemade Organic Soaps Versus Store Bought Antibacterial Soaps on E-Coli Bacteria.
• Best Environmental - Elementary: Nathan McKenna, Brock Corydon, Oil Endangers Otters.
• Best Environmental - Junior: Sam Pereira, St. John Brefeuf, Tornado In A Box.
• Best Health & Biotechnology - Junior: Rohan Sethi, St. Maurice School, To Study the Synergy Effect of Allicin and Other Plant Extracts on Antimicrobial Activity.
• Best Health & Biotechnology - Intermediate: Jacob Harvey, Grant Park High School, Optimization of a fed batch process to produce PHAs using Pseudomonas putida.
• Best Health & Biotechnology - Senior: Prasansa Subedi, Fort Richmond Collegiate, The Development and Validation of Healthier Gluten Free Foods.
• Best Physics & Engineering - Junior: Sparsh Agrawal, Acadia Junior High, Speedy Rotifer - Automating health assessment of rotifer microorganism for space research.
• Best Social Science - Elementary: Amy Mann, École St. Avila, La récompense ou la punition.
• Best Social Science - Intermediate: Arunima Rajapakse, Acadia Junior High, The Effects of Mindfulness Meditation on Subjective Well-Being.
• Best Social Science - Junior: Anita Fan, Acadia Junior High, The Prisoner’s Dilemma.
Major Award Results
• Best Biological Science Group - Elementary: Shaelyn Thekla Edwards Eck, Juliette Steed, École Robert H. Smith, For Better Health: Follow the Food Guide! Your Body Needs a Balanced Diet.
• Best Physical Science Group - Senior: Harbin Yim, William Kong, Fort Richmond Collegiate, Analyzing the Frying Stability of High Oleic and Regular Canola Oil.
• Best Biological Science Individual - Junior: Excellence Madukwe, Acadia Junior High, Agrobacterium mediated transformation.
• Best Biological Science Individual - Intermediate: Stephen Cheng, General Byng School, Effects of Viral Oncogenes on Cellular Protein Distribution during Cancer Development.
• Best Biological Science Individual - Senior: Justin Lin, St. John’s-Ravenscourt, Regulation of Fibronectin Gene Expression in Fibroblasts by Scleraxi.
• Best Physical Science Individual - Intermediate: Tuba Razi, Fort Richmond Collegiate, The identification of alpha-glucosidase inhibiting natural products from cinnamomum zeylancium.
• Best Overall Group - Junior: Amy Zhang, Victoria Zhang, Acadia Junior High, Is Cooking Worth It?
• Best Overall Group - Senior: Derek Yin, Himanshu Sharma, Fort Richmond Collegiate, E-Walker: Formulating a Faster and Safer Stroke Recovery with Digital Sensor Aid.
• Best Overall Individual - Elementary: Tiffany Cheng, Oakenwald School, Re-Think Your Drinks - Be Sugary Savvy with Fruit Juice Beverages & Soft Drinks.
• Best Overall Individual - Intermediate: Maitry Mistry, Fort Richmond Collegiate, A novel inexpensive alternative approach to X-ray radiographic tests.
— Source: Manitoba Schools Science Symposium