Blake Wheeler's goal in the dying minutes was the difference as the Winnipeg Jets snapped a three-game skid, edging the Sabres 3-1 in Buffalo Sunday afternoon. The Jets added an empty-netter with mere seconds remaining. Connor Hellebuyck was solid in goal, turning aside 35 of 36 shots. The Jets are back on the ice Tuesday night at Bell MTS Place, where they will host the New York Rangers.
- Out of the slump: Top line helps Winnipeg in comeback in Buffalo
- Groundhog day: 'Plan B' Petan still waiting for ice time
- Pull! Fire!: Ducks axe coach Randy Carlyle amid 7-game losing streak
- Blues / Predators
- Career-high: Georgiev's 55 saves help Rangers cool off Leafs 4-1
Was we're reading
- Future oriented: The trade-deadline deal Rangers are still reaping the benefits of (New York Post)
- Wounded healer: He fought on the ice. He fought for his sobriety. Now Brian McGrattan is fighting for the health and safety of players on the Flames and across the NHL (Sportsnet)
- Vultures circling: The scouts are showing up with the trade deadline in the offing, but the Senators are facing their own, fast-approaching internal deadline when it comes to the futures of Mark Stone, Matt Duchene and Ryan Dzingel in Ottawa (The Hockey News)
In case you missed it
- Puck Data: Trouba, Morrissey take big strides at the top, writes Andrew Berkshire
- Mike McIntyre: Jets head coach not ready to shuffle lines to get Patrik Laine out of his scoring slump
Hot shot of the day
By subscribing to the above e-mail alerts I agree to receive selected communications from Winnipeg Free Press, even if I have previously opted out from communications. E-mail preferences can be changed at any time under 'My Account->My Email Alerts'.