Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 22/8/2011 (3682 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
The rookies will gather in Penticton, B.C., on Sept. 11 and the main camp opens Sept. 17.
The Winnipeg Jets are gearing up for their return to the NHL and opening night vs. the Montreal Canadiens Oct. 9 at the MTS Centre. During the next few weeks, we will provide you with an up-close look at some of the players who are expected to be in the team's lineup when it hits the ice against the legendary Habs.
12 RANDY JONES
Born: July 23, 1981 (Age 30)
Birthplace: Quispamsis, N.B.
DRAFTED: Not drafted; signed by the Philadelphia Flyers as a free agent in 2003 after playing for Clarkson University.
* Helped guide the Philadelphia Phantoms to a Calder Cup title in 2004-05
* An ECAC first-team all-conference all-star at Clarkson in 2002-03
* Suspended two games in October of 2007 for boarding Patrice Bergeron, a hit for which he issued an apology during the second period of the game
* Grew up a Montreal Canadiens fan. Lists Wayne Gretzky and Patrick Roy as two of his favourite players
* A jokester who loves a good laugh, Jones once listed the last book he had read in a profile by The Hockey News as Playboy
* His first car was a 1987 Toyota Supra. Now drives a Hummer and an Audi R8
TRANSACTIONS: Signed a one-year free-agent contract with the Jets on July 2, 2011. Signed a one-year-deal with the Lightning in August 2010. Placed on waivers by the Flyers in September 2009 and claimed off re-entry waivers by Los Angeles a month later.
SEASON TEAM GP G A P +/- PIM PP SH GW S S%
2010-11 LIGHTNING 61 1 12 13 -4 15 0 0 0 52 1.9
NHL TOTALS 326 19 84 103 -10 177 3 1 3 347 5.5