Latest Boxscore: Chicago: 3 - Winnipeg: 6 (FINAL)
Record: 19 – 9 – 2
The Winnipeg Jets treated their fans to a 2-1 victory against the Los Angeles Kings in Winnipeg’s home opener at Bell MTS Place Tuesday night.
Kyle Connor scored the game-winner in the second period, tapping in a puck headed for the goal-line on a pass from Blake Wheeler.
Mark Scheifele had the other Jets goal, shortly after Ilya Kovalchuk opened the scoring for the Kings just more than six minutes into the game.
- Home cooking: Winnipeg Jets hand Los Angeles Kings a 2-1 loss in the first regular-season game at Bell MTS Place this season.
- Fuggedaboutit: Top Jets line's shot-attempt differential is nothing to worry about.
- Creatures of habit: Jets coach mulling elimination of traditional morning skates on game day.
- The King returns: Winnipeg Jets franchise scoring leader scores for L.A.
What we’re reading
- First person: The Jets made us friends, but childhood bonds last longer than hockey loyalties
- Damien Cox: This October like no other in Winnipeg Jets history
- Making hockey fun again: Finally, we're seeing some swagger in the NHL
- After JT: Mathew Barzal is Islanders’ reason for hope
- Five Questions with Erik Karlsson: Sharks defenseman discusses trade from Senators, expectations in San Jose
In case you missed it
- Andrew Berkshire: What's Laine's goal-scoring ceiling? Well, 70 isn't out of the question
- Hellebuyck back where he left off: Jets netminder proving last year was no fluke
- — Vegas odds have Oilers’ Todd McLellan as the favourite (11/5) to be the first NHL coach to get canned this season. Ottawa’s Guy Boucher (12/5) and Chicago’s Joel Quenneville (11/4) follow.
- — Winnipeg scored a league-high 156 goals at home last season, while allowing just 101 goal
- — Kyle Connor played his 99th game with the Jets Tuesday night vs the Kings
- Jets sting Kings: Winnipeg plays a mostly clean game and hangs on to win against the once-mighty L.A. Kings.
Hot shot of the day
Want more on the Jets?
Get all Jets coverage from the Free Press and beyond in your inbox.Subscribe to Flight Club
By subscribing to the above e-mail alerts I agree to receive selected communications from Winnipeg Free Press, even if I have previously opted out from communications. E-mail preferences can be changed at any time under 'My Account->My Email Alerts'.