- Well-mixed: Canadian curlers reach Oly final
- Jets faltering: Fall to Blueshirts
- Bombers searching: Free agents beckon
JULIE JACOBSON / THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
The Canadian team pose for a group photo following the Venue Ceremony after winning the gold medal in the figure skating team event in the Gangneung Ice Arena at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Gangneung, South Korea, Monday, Feb. 12, 2018.Great skate: Team Canada golden in S. Korea
- Look what just Blouin: Silver for snowboarder.
- Blues lose: Crosby helps Jets with 400th goal
What we're reading
- The Lioness in Winter: A confident Lindsey Vonn enters the Pyeongchang Olympics as the most decorated woman skier in history. Still, there's something more at play for her, and it definitely won't come easy
- Still Cool, Still Running: Jamaica has kept bobsled alive for 30 years
- In case you didn't know: New York Times feature explains the in-turns and out-turns of curling
What to watch
- Winter Olympics highlights (live): Women's luge, men's freestyle skiing @ 5 am / CBC; mixed doubles curling semifinal @ 5 am / TSN; women's snowboarding (halfpipe final) @ 7 pm / Sportsnet; mixed doubles curling bronze-medal game @ 6 pm / TSN
In case you missed it
- Say What?!: Internet crash creates media madness at opening of Games
- Top Copp: More offensive stats sure to come for reliable forward
- Hall Call: Blue Bombers great Reaves wanted badge, gun but police chief urged him to take ball, run
Let's look ahead
- Home sweet home: The Winnipeg Jets continue their 10-game stint at Bell MTS Place with three more games this week — Tuesday vs the Caps; Friday vs the Avs; and Sunday vs Panthers.
- Start your bidding: CFL free agency opens Tuesday
- Moose call: The local AHL team, currently on a nine-game road trip, returns to Winnipeg next week when it opens a eight-game homestand on Thursday night vs Grand Rapids.
- Jets / Rangers highlights
- Pyeongchang Games: Canada women’s Olympic hockey vets recall nailbiter Sochi final
The Free Press Playbook is published daily.
Want to receive this as an email everyday?Subscribe to Playbook
By subscribing to the above e-mail alerts I agree to receive selected communications from Winnipeg Free Press, even if I have previously opted out from communications. E-mail preferences can be changed at any time under 'My Account->My Email Alerts'.