WINSLOW TOWNSON / THE ASSOCIATED PRESS FILES
Veteran Winnipeg Jets defenceman Toby Enstrom eyes a loose puck from the prone position. There is a chance he could remain with the club.
- Waiving goodbye? Jets D-man Enstrom up for grabs in expansion draft
- Surprise: Bomber cut top free agent
- Holy holes Batman: Justin Thomas fires a record nine-under par round at Erin Hills
FRANK GUNN / THE CANADIAN PRESS FILES
Brooke Henderson of Canada watches her tee shot on the 10th hole during the final round of the LPGA Classic at Whistle Bear Golf Club in Cambridge, Ontario on Sunday June 11, 2017.In the hunt: Brooke Henderson chasing LPGA title
- Jays stink again: Fall to White Sox
- Special goodbye: B.C.Lions Arakgi retires
What we're reading
- Foot in mouth league: Phil Kessel was never a loser, and hockey is dumb for saying otherwise
- Zip it: Rick Pitino, Louisville find new ways to fail in response to sex scandal
- Mayweather vs. McGregor: Victory for the Forces of Money
What to watch
- Golf: Final-round action of the U.S. Open from Erin Hills in Wisconsin / 10 am-7:30 pm / TSN and Fox
- MLB: The Toronto Blue Jays wrap up a homestand with the final game of a three-game weekend series vs the Chicago White Sox / noon / Sportsnet
In case you missed it
- Mike Sawatzky: WHL players' class-action suit given green light
- Paul Wiecek: Bombers brass stand and deliver to the young'uns
- Steve Lyons: Row, row, row a boat gently down the Red
Let's look ahead
- Protection plan: NHL teams will unveil their lists of players that can't be chosen in expansion draft this morning at 9 am.
- Prospect pool: The 2017 NHL Draft will be held Friday and Saturday in Chicago. The Winnipeg Jets currently own the 13th pick.
- Home cooking: The Winnipeg Goldeyes wrao up a seven-game homestand today at Shaw Park with the final game of a three-game weekend series vs the St. Paul Saints. Game time is 1 pm.
The Free Press Playbook is published daily.
Want to receive this as an email everyday?Subscribe to Playbook
By subscribing to the above e-mail alerts I agree to receive selected communications from Winnipeg Free Press, even if I have previously opted out from communications. E-mail preferences can be changed at any time under 'My Account->My Email Alerts'.