JOHN WOODS / THE CANADIAN PRESS FILES
Winnipeg Blue Bombers quarterback Matt Nichols (15) looks for his receivers during the first half of CFL action against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in Winnipeg Friday, October 6, 2017. Blue Bombers injured quarterback Matt Nichols says he never doubted he'd be healthy enough to play against the Edmonton Eskimos, but he's amped up his preparations for Sunday's CFL West Division semifinal at home in Winnipeg.
- IGF playoff game: Nichols a go for Blue
- Gainey growling: Saskatchewan DB in bad mood for today's crossover
- Jets regain altitude: Bounce back with win in Arizona
MATT SLOCUM / THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Minnesota Wild's Jason Zucker, left, scores a goal against Philadelphia Flyers' Brian Elliott, right, as Valtteri Filppula defends during the third period of an NHL hockey game, Saturday, Nov. 11, 2017, in Philadelphia. Minnesota won 1-0.Zounds! Zucker a scoring machine
- Forsberg a force: Lifts Preds past Pens
- Isles rebound: Tavares leads way past Blues
What we're reading
- Fallen hero: On the table, the brain appeared normal
- Duchene done, who's next?: After blockbuster, here are six other NHL players who could be traded this season
- Jolting Jays: Dunedin hitting coach wowed by Guerrero Jr. and Bichette
What to watch
- CFL: Semifinal Sunday has the Redlblacks hosting the Roughriders @ noon and then the Bombers hosting the Eskimos @ 3:30 pm / TSN
- NFL: The Sunday night matchup has the New England Patriots in Denver to take on the Broncos / 7:20 pm / NBC
In case you missed it
- Strip tease: Hockey fans flock to Vegas
- My hero: Wiecek in awe of Habs great Dryden
- 5 Storylines: Jeff Hamilton looks at today's big Bombers/Esks game
Let's look ahead
- Home ice advantage: The Jets return to Winnipeg this week when they play three games at Bell MTS Place — Tuesday vs Arizona; Thursday vs Philadelphia; and Saturday afternoon vs New Jersey.
The Free Press Playbook is published daily.
Want to receive this as an email everyday?Subscribe to Playbook
By subscribing to the above e-mail alerts I agree to receive selected communications from Winnipeg Free Press, even if I have previously opted out from communications. E-mail preferences can be changed at any time under 'My Account->My Email Alerts'.