- Too soon: Bombers expected more from themselves
- Egads! O'Shea strikes again, writes Paul Wiecek
- Victory becomes them: Jets look solid for homestand
KAMIL KRZACZYNSKI / THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
New Jersey Devils left wing Miles Wood (44) celebrates with teammates after scoring against the Chicago Blackhawks during the third period of an NHL hockey game Sunday, Nov. 12, 2017, in Chicago.Blackhawks down: Wood hat trick lifts Devils
- Oshie shines: Outdoes stars in Caps/Oil matchup
- First goal a big one: Rookie powers Lightning
What we're reading
- Biggest Frauds: From the Golden Knights to Pope Francis, here are 10 unsustainable starts less than 20 games into the young NHL season
- Deliver us from failure: How the Astros endured futility to become World Series champions
- The Secret Life of Live Mascots: Uga, Bevo, Rameses are all household names to many college football faithful. See what life is like off the field for these living symbols of school pride
What to watch
- NFL: The Monday night contest has the Miami Dolphins visiting the Carolina Panthers / 7:15 pm / TSN
In case you missed it
- Strip tease: Hockey fans flock to Vegas
- My hero: Wiecek in awe of Habs great Dryden
- Work ethic: Scott Campbell says Jets need to know when to bear down
Let's look ahead
- Home ice advantage: The Jets are back Winnipeg this week when they play three games at Bell MTS Place — Tuesday vs Arizona; Thursday vs Philadelphia; and Saturday afternoon vs New Jersey.
The Free Press Playbook is published daily.
Want to receive this as an email everyday?Subscribe to Playbook
By subscribing to the above e-mail alerts I agree to receive selected communications from Winnipeg Free Press, even if I have previously opted out from communications. E-mail preferences can be changed at any time under 'My Account->My Email Alerts'.