TREVOR HAGAN / THE CANADIAN PRESS
Saskatchewan Roughriders' Kienan Lafrance (29) is wrapped up while playing against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers' during the first half.
- Pickin' grinnin' and winnin': Blue thump Green Riders
- Fish win! Fish win! Down Saltdogs to take 2-1 series lead
- Another Sutter: This time Brody tries to make his bones with the Jets
TONY DEJAK / THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Cleveland Indians relief pitcher Cody Allen, right, is congratulated by catcher Yan Gomes after the Indians defeated the Baltimore Orioles 4-2 in a baseball game, Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017, in Cleveland.Tribe steamrolling opposition: Go for 18th straight win today
- Roaring Tiger-Cats: Hamilton wins again
- Stephens a champ: Wins U.S. Open women's title
What we're reading
- Pool prep: The Hockey News Top 200 fantasy players for 2017-18
- Cathal Kelly: Men’s tennis needs to move on from its Federer-Nadal obsession
- Strap on the feedbag: LeBron and other athletes have some recipes for you
What to watch
- MLB: The Toronto Blue Jays and Detroit Tigers wrap up a three-game weekend series at Rogers Centre / noon / Sportsnet
- NFL: The Sunday Night Football matchup features old NFC East rivals as the New York Giants battle the Cowboys in Dallas / 7:20 pm / NBC
In case you missed it
- Bigger, stronger, faster: Kyle Connor wants to stick with Jets
- No surprise: New deals for Jets GM Chevy, head coach Maurice mere formality
The Free Press Playbook is published daily.
Want to receive this as an email everyday?Subscribe to Playbook
By subscribing to the above e-mail alerts I agree to receive selected communications from Winnipeg Free Press, even if I have previously opted out from communications. E-mail preferences can be changed at any time under 'My Account->My Email Alerts'.