Minnesota Wild goaltender Devan Dubnyk.Jets soaring: team takes 2-0 series lead with dominant display against Wild in 4-1 triumph.
- The Wild's wall: Dubnyk a tough nut to crack in Minnesota's net.
- Dodgeball anyone?: national tryouts and tournament takes over Duckworth Centre.
- Flyers foil Penguins: Couturier has goal and two helpers as Philadelphia evens series with 5-1 win.
- Jays rally against Indians: Hernandez drives in go-ahead run as Toronto snaps Clevekand's five-game win streak with 8-4 victory.
- Red Sox top Orioles: Nunez clubs three-run shot as Boston beat Baltimore 7-3 to improve to 11-2.
What we're reading
Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.The Seduction of Leo Komarov: The Boston Bruins beat the Toronto Maple Leafs in Game 1 and notorious pest Brad Marchand decided to get intimate (again)
- The Art of Austin Hedges: The San Diego Padres catcher is one of the worst hitters in MLB, but the numbers say he’s still one of baseball’s 50 most valuable players
- Come clean: NFL teams should say what they mean about Kaepernick, Reid and players who protest
In case you missed it
- Dump & Chase: Hockey dads grieve for Broncos' families
- On the ball: Young Manitoba pair are blazing trails in girls baseball
- Pony up: How affordable are Winnipeg Jets tickets compared with other playoff teams?
What to watch
Toronto Raptors guard DeMar DeRozan.NHL playoffs: Four games on tap: Avs @ Nashville (Preds lead series 1-0) / 2 pm / NBC and Sportsnet West and Pacific; Devils @ Lightning (Tampa Bay up 1-0) / 2 pm / NBC and Sportsnet East and Ontario; Leafs @ Bruins (Boston leads 1-0) / 7 pm / CBC; Sharks @ Ducks (San Jose up 1-0) / 9:30 pm / Sportsnet360
- MLB: The Toronto Blue Jays play the second game of a weekend series in Cleveland vs the Indians / 3 pm/ Sportsnet360
- NBA playoffs: The Toronto Raptors open their first-round best-of-seven series at home vs the Washington Wizards / 4:30 pm / Sportsnet One
Let's look ahead
- Off to Minny: The Jets and the Wild play Game 3 of their first-round series Sunday night at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul. Game time is 6 pm
- Jets dominate Wild: Winnipeg jumped out to a 2-game lead in their Stanley Cup playoff series with the Minnesota Wild after a decisive 4-1 win.
The Free Press Playbook is published daily.
Want to receive this as an email everyday?Subscribe to Playbook
By subscribing to the above e-mail alerts I agree to receive selected communications from Winnipeg Free Press, even if I have previously opted out from communications. E-mail preferences can be changed at any time under 'My Account->My Email Alerts'.