Brandon Wheat Kings forward Tanner Kaspick.Paul Wiecek: Jones' draw eight disappears in loss to Carey and former teammate Overton-Clapham at Roar of the Rings.
- World juniors: three Manitobans chosen to attend selection camp for Canada's world junior championship hockey team.
- Classic volleyball: Wesmen men's squad to host Christmas tourney that was basketball-based for 50 years.
- Straight rock sinks McEwen: Manitoba skip tied for second with Gushue after loss at Roar of the Rings.
- Leafs douse Flames: Anderson stops season-high 47 shots, Nylander scores shootout winner in 2-1 triumph.
- Caps clobber Hawks: Wilson, Ovechkin enjoy four-point outings in 6-2 victory.
What we're reading
Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Colin Kaepernick is a hero Muhammad Ali would be proud of
- Gig of a lifetime: Aaron Boone, new Yankees manager, won the hearts of New York
- No guff: Of course Russian sport is corrupt, but then so are the Olympics
What to watch
- NHL: The Winnipeg Jets play the second game of a three-game road trip when they face the Florida Panthers / 6:30 pm / TSN3
- NFL: The Thursday night matchup has the New Orleans Saints (9-3) in Atlanta to face the Falcons (7-5) / 7:20 pm / NBC
In case you missed it
- Doug Brown: A sign of a good contract? Paying players for what they can still do, not what they've done
Let's look ahead
- Moose call: The local AHL team, riding an eight-game winning streak, is back in action on Saturday and Sunday when they play a pair of games vs the Milwaukee Admirals at Bell MTS Place. Both games are at 2 pm.
Toronto Raptors guard DeMar DeRozan.Who needs real friends?: Raptors' DeMar DeRozan daps invisible mates on three occasions Tuesday night
- Bubble ball: It's like soccer, but players wear large protective bubbles while running over each other
The Free Press Playbook is published daily.
Want to receive this as an email everyday?Subscribe to Playbook
By subscribing to the above e-mail alerts I agree to receive selected communications from Winnipeg Free Press, even if I have previously opted out from communications. E-mail preferences can be changed at any time under 'My Account->My Email Alerts'.