- Ambrosie story: CFL commissioner makes stop in city on his cross-country tour.
- Flashy Finn: Vesalainen could be next Jets next Finnish sensation.
- Say What?!: Sad news — no bagpipes at curling events in Korea
- Leafs shock Lightning: Tamba Bay loses 4-3 in Toronto.
- Panthers take down Oilers: Trocheck fires hat trick as Florida wins 7-5 in Edmonton.
- Coyotes gang up on Hawks: Chicago trounced 6-1 in Arizona.
What we're reading
- Cathal Kelly: As Canada becomes an Olympic powerhouse, our triumphs feel less special
- Oh sugar sugar: Cigarette companies don't sponsor the Olympics. Why does Coca-Cola?
- Johnny Comeback: Manziel reflects on his 'huge downfall,' opens up about alcohol abuse, bipolar diagnosis
In case you missed it
- Wiecek at the Games: Curling in Lawes' blood
- Busy free agency awaits Bombers: Team 'looking to upgrade across the board' to help end 27-year Grey Cup drought
- Shovels at the ready: During commercial breaks, it's the Winnipeg Jets Ice Crew's turn to hit the ice
What to watch
- Winter Olympics (live): Mixed doubles curling gold medal game (Canada vs. Switzerland) @ 5 a.m. / CBC; Women's luge final @ 8:30 am / CBC; Figure skating (pairs short program) @ 7 pm / TSN; Curling (men's draw #1 - Canada vs Italy) @ 6 pm / Sportsnet
- NHL: The Winnipeg Jets continue their 10-game homestand when they play the Washington Capitals / 7 pm / TSN3
Let's look ahead
- Start the bidding: CFL free agency opens today at 11 am CT.
- Moose call: The local AHL team is home after a nine-game road trip and opens an eight-game homestand on Thursday night vs Grand Rapids.
The Free Press Playbook is published daily.
Want to receive this as an email everyday?Subscribe to Playbook
By subscribing to the above e-mail alerts I agree to receive selected communications from Winnipeg Free Press, even if I have previously opted out from communications. E-mail preferences can be changed at any time under 'My Account->My Email Alerts'.