- Jets all-stars: Wheeler, Hellebuyck to suit up for three-on-three tournament in Tampa.
- Explosive talent: speedskater Heather McLean could make noise at Olympics if she can put training skills to use when it counts.
- Dump & Chase: Mike McIntyre and Jason Bell take you on an interactive tour around the hockey world
- Upset alert: Day 1 at the 2018 Manitoba Scotties sees top-seed Jones lose to veteran Charleswood skip.
- Wild beat Blackhawks: Dubnyk makes 31 saves in 2-1 win in Chicago.
- Sens trim Leafs: Anderson rebounds from poor outing to make 44 saves in 4-3 victory.
What we're reading
- Giving the gears: Lightning leader Victor Hedman is a force on the ice — and fun off of it
- Life in the fast lane: Aaron Rodgers has reportedly already introduced Danica Patrick to his family
- Iron Manhattan: Meet the crazy New Yorkers who completed five triathlons in five days
In case you missed it
- Sorry about that: San Jose GM dips into cold, dark water to apologize for Sharks' attack on Winnipeg
- No. 1 with a bullet: Bisons women's hockey team determined to hold on to top spot
- Doug Brown: Hall needs to take harder line on player accountability
What to watch
- NBA: Coming off a last-second loss to the Miami Heat on Tuesday night, the Raptors play the Cavaliers for the first time since Cleveland swept Toronto in last year's Eastern Conference semifinal / 7 pm / Sportsnet One
Let's look ahead
- NHL: The Jets are back in action Friday night in Chicago against the Blackhawks. Game time is 7:30 pm CT. The team then plays at the Minnesota Wild on Saturday (6 pm) before taking a week off for its CBA players break. The club will return to action on Saturday, Jan. 20 when its in Calgary to face the Flames.
The Free Press Playbook is published daily.
Want to receive this as an email everyday?Subscribe to Playbook
By subscribing to the above e-mail alerts I agree to receive selected communications from Winnipeg Free Press, even if I have previously opted out from communications. E-mail preferences can be changed at any time under 'My Account->My Email Alerts'.