The Bombers will try to do something tonight they havent accomplished since 2003 — go 4-0 to start the season.
Standing in their way is the 0-3 Toronto Argonauts.
Nothing comes easy on the football field and Mike O'Shea's players have been all business this week. Winnipeg receiver Darvin Adams perhaps explained the team's approach best when he told reporters that he and his mates see both teams as 0-0.
In today's edition, Jeff Hamilton has five storylines to watch for in tonight's game at IG Field and Mike Sawatzky tries to find out why the Argos are so horrible.
Game time is 7:30 p.m. and the forecast is for mainly sunny skies and a high of 25.
— Sports editor Steve Lyons
- 5 Storylines: Bombers must avoid complacency in first-vs.-worst battle
- Boatmen balance: Argonauts will try to right the ship in Winnipeg
- Fame is fleeting: Local tennis tournament official shared U.S. Open spotlight with Serena
- Manitoba horses have big weekend ahead: Hidden Grace favoured to follow in Escape Clause's footsteps
What we're reading
- Brown bagging it: Odell Beckham Jr. wears outrageously stupid outfit to the ESPYs
- Breakout Batters: Your mind’s not fooling you — there are more fresh faces having their first great offensive season in the past few years than at any point in the baseball history (The Ringer)
- Michael Grange: Why the time is now for the Raptors to go all-in on Pascal Siakam (Sportsnet)
In case you missed it
- Mike McIntyre: Trouba trade might not be terrible, after all
- Rising star: Lure of the game too hard to resist for Bombers' Richardson
- Off to Korea: Wog tuning up for world swimming championships