Blue Bomber quarterback Chris Streveler.Paul Wiecek: Jets might be better off trading Trouba rather than re-signing the first-pairing defenceman.
- Streveler a starter: Bombers rookie QB practising in preparation for Thursday's CFL regular-season starter against Eskimos.
- Senators storm brewing: defenceman Karlsson's wife alleges forward Hoffman's girlfriend conducted harassment compaign.
- Fish turn to familiar face: pitcher Lambson returns to Goldeyes Tuesday and pitches five strong innings against RailCats in 4-1 Goldeyes victory.
- Rays down Jays: six pitchers combine for five-hitter as Tampa Bay beats Toronto 4-1.
- Braves belt Mets: Albies has grand slam as Atlanta upends New York 8-2.
What we're reading
Dennis Rodman, centre, arrives at Singapore's Changi Airport on Tuesday.Time served?: Interest in Slava Voynov as he explores NHL comeback
- Having a ball: Inside the crazy world of Dennis Rodman – the bad boy of basketball who married himself, bedded 2,000 women and is ‘soul mates’ with Kim Jong-un
- Ten years after: Players, caddies, observers still marvel at Tiger's 2008 U.S. Open victory
In case you missed it
- Her Cup runneth over: Tatania Rafter enjoying life after championship win
- Fit to a tee: Larry Robinson and Robin Henderson learned to play golf together as kids; the two lifelong buddies and club pros are together again at Bridges
What to watch
Tampa Bay Rays starting pitcher Sergio Romo and catcher Wilson Ramos.MLB: The Toronto Blue Jays wrap up a three-game series in Tampa vs the Rays / 6 pm / Sportsnet
Let's look ahead
- One before the road: The Goldeyes wrap up a six-game homestand with the final game in a three-game set vs the Gary Southshore Railcats. Game time is 7:10 pm.
- Home opener: The Blue Bombers play their first game of the 2018 CFL regular season when they host the Edmonton Eskimos on Thursday. Game time is 7:30 pm.
The Free Press Playbook is published daily.
Want to receive this as an email everyday?Subscribe to Playbook
By subscribing to the above e-mail alerts I agree to receive selected communications from Winnipeg Free Press, even if I have previously opted out from communications. E-mail preferences can be changed at any time under 'My Account->My Email Alerts'.